My younger sister and I are 1 year, 6 months, and 5 days apart. Which means that every year on my sister’s birthday (which is on Christmas, by the way) I realize that I am half a year closer to my next birthday. Usually I am eager to turn another year older, but this year I panicked at the thought of turning *gasp* 26. I really enjoyed being 25; I feel it’s the perfect age. I was old enough to be respected by my older work colleagues, yet young enough to still be able to connect with my students and do silly ‘young’ things. I know that nothing is really going to change when I turn 26, yet I am still going to be sad to see good ol’ 25 fade away. Maybe my sadness is also due to the fact that I’ve always preferred odd-numbered ages to even-numbered ones. 27 is probably going to be a fantastic year!
So in the midst of this panic I decided to create a list of 30 things I want to accomplish by the time I’m 30. It took me almost 6 months to finalize this list, but I’m finally ready to ‘publish’ it and commit. Some of the items are small, others are going to be some amazing milestones in my life, and some I’ve already completed since this past December! Without further ado, and in no particular order, here it is!
30 Things I Want To Accomplish Before Turning 30
Start a family-–Due to be completed January 10th, 2013!
- Write a book—One of the items on my to-do list this summer
Travel to a new country—Completed December 14-21, 2011 in sunny Mexico!
Get a new tattoo—Completed August 7, 2011, December 27, 2011, and March 27, 2012!
Go skydiving—Completed June 11, 2011!
Go scuba diving—Completed December 20, 2011 when I snorkeled with Whale Sharks in Mexico!
- Learn to play the accordion—B gave me an accordion for Christmas 3 years ago. Still need to learn!
- Sew an entire outfit—Can’t wait. My sewing skills need some finessing though!
- Participate in a craft show—A big goal for me, but one I think I can accomplish
- Send more cards—I love receiving mail, and sending mail is just as fun!
- Refinish a piece of furniture—Another item on my summer to-do list! Just need to find the furniture!
- Make cheese—It’s simple: I love cheese and I’m fascinated with how its made.
- Move closer to friends and family—Fingers crossed that this will be accomplished by the time I’m 30.
- Go horseback riding—I’m hoping to do this with my Father when I visit him in Wyoming!
Ride in a hot air balloon—Completed on June 3, 2012 with my mother!
Get a dog—Completed February 16, 2011!
- Cook more—B does most of the cooking in our house, I’d like to help out a little.
- Keep a journal—I used to keep a journal in high school and college, and I miss it.
- Take more pictures—I did love my Daily Photo project, so would like to keep snapping away!
Exercise regularly—I completed the Warrior Dash Extreme 5K on September 11, 2011!
Take a major trip with friends—Completed December 14-21, 2011 in sunny Mexico!
- Catch a firefly—I’ve never even seen a firefly, but they sound magical.
- Wear more dresses/skirts—Another goal for this summer
- Go thrifting—I’m always so jealous of people’s thrifting finds, I want to find some of my own!
- Read the Top 100 Classic Books—A major task, but I’m really looking forward to it.
Go whale watching—Completed December 16th, 2011 in Mexico!
- Stay more informed—B has me hooked on listening to the BBC in my car. It’s awesome!
- View a planet through a telescope—Space is so amazingly beautiful.
- Take a Behind the Scenes Tour—I’m thinking the Zoo would be really neat!
- Learn to Crochet—My Mom taught me to knit many years ago, but I’ve never learned to crochet!
Well there you have it! I’m going to be keeping a record here when I accomplish each task on my list. Next up—Skydiving!!! B and I are scheduled to go on Saturday! I figured what a perfect way to celebrate this Friday being the last day of school!